Answers to your frequently asked questions
How do I pay rent?We have a user friendly on-line portal you can pay your rent. Save money on postage and never worry about lost mail. Set up one-time or recurring secure bank transfers or eChecks... and with NO convenience fees!
Avoiding Rental scams and Dishonest landlords:Thank you for previewing our home for rent. This quick reference sheet will help you avoid rental scams and dishonest landlord. You may be dealing with a rental scam or a dishonest landlord if:
- The landlord asks for the security deposit before you sign the lease
- You see the same property advertised on different web sites by different Landlords or management companies or for different prices
- The landlord lives out of state and doesn’t have a local management company with whom you can have regular contact
- The landlord will not provide you with their office or home address
- The landlord asks you for money up front to help you find a property
- The landlord doesn’t have an official ‘Rental Application’ form for you to complete • The landlord does not require that you sign a legally binding lease and give you a fully executed copy
If you suspect you are dealing with a scammer, feel free to contact our office and we will help in researching the property for you.
I want to get a pet. What do I do?
Pet-Friendly Pet Policy
Many of our homes are pet friendly and will accept a maximum of 2 pets. If you apply for or reside in one of our homes and wish to have a pet, you will need to complete an online pet profile and pay a non-refundable pet application fee of $20 for the 1st pet and $15 for the 2nd pet. To start this profile please visit https://carolinapropertymanagement.petscreening.com/.
If your pet is approved you will need to pay a monthly lease administration fee of $25 for each pet. Carolina Property Management does accept assistant animals per state and federal guidelines. If you have an assistance animal, you will need to complete an online animal profile. There is no application fee for this process. Please contact our office with any questions. Unfortunately our insurance company will not allow the following dog breeds, even in our pet friendly homes:
Full breed or mixed breeds of:
- Alaskan Malamute
- Doberman Pinscher
- German Shepherd
- Pit Bull
- Presa Canario
- Stafford Terrier
- Wolf/Dog hybrids
Any dog known to have vicious tendencies or known to have previously bitten someone is not permitted.
Any dog or cat under the age of one year is not allowed.
Ferrets are not allowed.
All pet reptiles, amphibians, rodents and birds must be caged.
Dog breeds other than those listed above and cats are considered on a case-by-case basis.
In the case of questions, the Landlord will make the final determination as to the breed or classification of any animal.
Online Pet Profilehttps://carolinapropertymanagement.petscreening.com/
Our Pet Profile provides you a secure place online to store all the important information about your pets. Pet Profiles can easily be shared with pet service providers such as veterinarians, animal hospitals, pet sitters and doggie daycares.